- society: oh you have your period? well you have two options.
- woman: okay.
- society: you can use sanitary pads, which make you feel like you are wearing a diaper, and have the added fun benefit of being extremely uncomfortable and give you the extreme paranoia that they will not be enough coverage and at any moment with any movement or sudden sneeze you'll bleed over onto your clothes and walk around all day with blood stained trousers while everyone points and laughs at you.
- woman: sounds awful. what's my second option.
- society: a penis shaped wad of cotton that you shove uncomfortably inside yourself and it catches the blood before it leaves your body.
- woman: still seems pretty awful.
- society: wait! it gets better! there's the outside chance that using those will kill you!
- woman: well, are they at least free? like how men can have access to free condoms? i mean, it's not like i'm choosing for this to happen.
- society: HAHAHA! that's funny. no, you have to pay for them. and they're really fucking expensive.
- society: oh, and if you tell anyone that you ARE on your period, your judgement, opinions, and reactions are going to be dismissed as the crazy ramblings of a lunatic.
- woman: i think i'll go with my third option.
- society: what third option?
- woman: i think i'll bleed on everything you love.
Jean Valjean in the first 10 minutes of the movie: I only stole a loaf of bread
literally me for the rest of Les Miserables:
Fun fact! ^This line in Aladdin was a reference to Les Miserables. They had it because the girl who did the voice for Jasmine’s singing, Lea Salonga, played Eponine on broadway and is one of the most famous Eponines ever. She also went on to play Fantine and was the singing voice of Mulan
- Friend: Happy birthday!
- Friend: Don't buy too many books.
- Me: Erm, too late?